Join a walking group for benefits that go beyond fitness
Boroondara Sports Complex offer regular walking sessions around the Boroondara area. The walking group provides a great opportunity to get moving in a relaxed and social setting and cater for any age and ability.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
- Strengthen your bones and muscles.
- Improve your mood.
- Improve your balance and coordination.
- Great for meeting local people from your neighbourhood!
Friday’s Walking Group
When: Fridays at 9.30am
Where: Meet at Boroondara Sports Complex
We then drive to a local place where we spend an hour or so walking and talking before returning to the Sports Complex to participate in a 30 minute Stretch class from 11am to 11.30am (optional).
Walking groups are also a great way to meet people from your neighbourhood.
If you would like any more information you can call us on 9851 0444 or visit the centre.